I actually sleep-talked.
What was I dreaming about?
I have no recollection of that event.
Two witnesses. Damn.
My soul was momentarily detached from my body.
"Bu yao... bu yao... bu yao..."
Side notes:
The medical term for this activity is "somniloquy."
Sleep talking is very common. It is reported in 50% of young children. About 5% of adults are reported to talk in their sleep. It occurs at the same rate in both men and women. It also appears to run in families.
Sometimes they wake with a sense of deep anxiety or unease, but the next morning the person usually has no recollection of what happened during the night.
There may be little you can do to stop the talking but:
Help your partner to identify and deal with the stress in his life.
Suggest he checks with his doctor that he doesn't have sleep apnoea.
Help to ensure he's getting all the sleep he needs, with good sleep 'hygiene', such as regular hours and a cool peaceful environment.
Sources:
http://www.sleepeducation.com/Disorder.aspx?id=16
http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/ask_the_doctor/sleeptalking.shtml



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home